Do you want to solve for
An annuity is a type of retirement plan in which the same amount is invested each
year and the interest rate remains fixed.|
To see the mathematics of an annuity (and the formula), click here.
The annuity calculator allows you the option of solving for any of 4 variables.
• Click on the variable you don't know
• Input the other 3 numbers
• Click on the "CALCULATE" button
• the answer is then displayed
Scroll down for 4 annuity examples to help familiarize yourself with this calculator.
1) You invest 2,000 per year at 9% interest for 10 years. What is the amount
after 10 years?|
Click on the TOTAL button, enter the 3 amounts, click CALCULATE and the
answer is $33,120.59
2) At the end of 20 years, an annuity invested at 7.5% interest is now worth
$95,200. How much was invested per year?
Click on the ANNUAL AMOUNT button, enter the 3 amounts, click CALCULATE
and the answer is $2,045
3) $2,000 was invested annually at a rate of 10% interest and the annuity is
now worth $1,000,000. How long did this take?
Click on the YEARS button, enter the 3 amounts, click CALCULATE
and the answer is 40.2735 years.
4) What interest rate would you need to have $500,000 after 40 years of
investing 2,000 per year?
Click on the RATE button, enter the 3 amounts, click CALCULATE
and the answer is 7.5854 per cent.